GOP's Climate Quandary
1. Depressing, but realistic: Stephen Biddle and Jacob Shapiro at the Monkey Cage on why containment is the available U.S. policy toward Islamic State.
2. Also at the Monkey Cage, Megan Ming Francis compares #BlackLivesMatter to an earlier episode of civil rights activism.
3. Dan Drezner looks at how the Paris attacks have affected the 2016 presidential campaign.
4. Harry Enten takes a close look at how polling methods are affecting Donald Trump’s numbers.
5. Excellent reported piece by Greg Sargent at Plum Line on why Republicans might find it harder than they expect to scuttle any climate deal Barack Obama carries out.
6. And Ed Kilgore tries to figure out why Republicans are so set on drawing an Obama veto on Obamacare.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Katy Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org