The Cost of Redistributing Wealth
I’d like to explain how most modern economists think about wealth redistribution. If you discuss welfare, taxes or inequality with an economist, you’re bound to run into a concept called the equity-efficiency tradeoff. It’s the idea that there’s a fundamental tradeoff between the size of the economic pie and the equal distribution of said pie.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- No, Boris. A Trump-Led Brexit Wouldn't Be Glorious
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required