Ritholtz's Reads: Companies Finance Buybacks With Layoffs
Welcome back to the show that never ends. Start it right with our morning train reads:
• Companies are wasting money from layoffs on share buybacks (Marketwatch)
• Restaurant openings soar after wage hike (Puget Sound Business Journal)
• Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Programmed to Kill (MIT Technology Review)
• Hong Kong Tops Global Cities List as Most Valuable Residential Location in 2015 (World Property Journal)
• Jacob J. Lew: Honor our obligations, raise the debt limit (USAT)
• Why too much choice is stressing us out (The Guardian)
• Take a Bow, Species (NRO)
The $3 Trillion ETF 'Boom'
Source: Chief Investment Officer
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
James Greiff at firstname.lastname@example.org