Ritholtz's Reads: The Bernanke Leadership Standard
Back to the work! Start it right with the finest morning train reads in the business:
• The Ballad of the Breakaway Broker (Reformed Broker)
• Lowenstein: Why Americans Don’t Trust the Fed (WSJ) see also Ben Bernanke, the Grown-Up in the Room: At a time of shrill politics, the former Fed chief reminds us of what mature leadership is about. (Politico)
• Nice compare & contrast: Coin Flippers Drenched in Alpha (Irrelevant Investor)
• How the U.S. and OPEC Drive Oil Prices (NYT)
• An Engineering Theory of the Volkswagen Scandal (New Yorker)
• Copyrights and wrongs (Tim Harford)
• Why Is the CBO Concocting a Phony Debt Crisis? A simple accounting trick is arming austerity hawks with a powerful, phony weapon. (The Nation)
• Propaganda trumps journalism in conservative media climate reporting (The Guardian)
Most gun owners don’t belong to the NRA -- and they don’t agree with it either
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Population Bomb Has Been Defused
- Mueller Just Stepped Over Trump's Red Line
- Putin Has Committed Russia to a Risky Gamble
- Clarence Thomas Has a Big Decision to Make
- McCabe's Firing Wasn't Political. Until Trump Made It Political.
- There's a Blamer-in-Chief in the Oval Office
- In the Future, There Will Be a Distillery on Every Corner