Challenges Facing the Next President
1. The Upshot's Brendan Nyhan on the governing challenges facing the next president.
2. Henry Farrell at the Monkey Cage on the possibility that the Iraq War helped cause the recession.
3. Excellent piece on how Anderson Cooper and CNN did a poor job moderating the Democratic debate, from my View colleague Francis Barry. Same applied to CNN and Fox in the Republican debates. Forget trying to ask "tough" questions and stop picking fights: Ask solid policy questions and questions about how the candidates would handle the job of presidenting, and then get out of the way.
4. Of course you want Ed Kilgore on Jim Webb and the Democratic Party.
5. And also here at View: Megan McArdle on tipping.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Maria Lamagna at firstname.lastname@example.org