Obama's American Vision
Barack Obama interviewed author Marilynne Robinson in Iowa on September 14. The transcript, published in the New York Review of Books, is remarkable -- not least for the juxtaposition of a sitting president in the seemingly unprecedented role of interviewer rather than interviewee. That the president is earnestly questioning a woman whom most Americans have never heard of only heightens the wonder.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.