No, Lukashenko Is Not Defecting to Europe
Belarussian dictator Alexander Lukashenko just won his fifth presidential "election" in a row. In response, the European Union is about to lift sanctions against him and those actively backing his regime. That's a reason for Russian President Vladimir Putin and his friends to take heart: They too can outlast sanctions without really changing anything.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange