Why a German Judge Called Time on Blatter
It's unwise to hang on to power when the tide has turned against you, as Sepp Blatter, head of FIFA, the governing body of world soccer, found out on Thursday. He was handed a 90-day suspension from his post and from soccer affairs in general, signalling that a search is on for a successor untainted by scandal. The man who handed down the suspension was once described by his hometown newspaper as "The planet's biggest Sepp Blatter-understander."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- Being Sure You're Right Makes You Weaker