Exit McCarthy, Enter Anarchy
Yikes! With Kevin McCarthy's last-minute exit from the contest for speaker, there is no obvious next-in-line. House Freedom Caucus members -- and remember the membership list is a secret -- keep threatening to vote against their own party’s choice on the House floor. At least one report said McCarthy didn't think he had 218 votes to win.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve