Comparing Hillary Clinton to Al Gore
1. Nic Cheeseman and Alexander Noyes at the Monkey Cage on constitution-writing in Africa.
2. The weekly chats between FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver and Harry Enten have been terrific. This week: Rubio and Bush.
3. Good Jonathan Chait column comparing Hillary Clinton to Al Gore in 1999.
4. My View colleague Barry Ritholtz examines a claim that Dodd-Frank is responsible for the slow economic recovery. And the evidence say … nope.
5. Thirty-one states have expanded Medicaid under Obamacare. At HuffPost, Jeffrey Young, Nicky Forster, Hilary Fung and Alissa Scheller recap where we are now -- and why it matters. Yes, I continue to believe that sooner or later every state will join.
6. And Gallup is cutting back on horse-race polling. Interesting.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Maria Lamagna at email@example.com