Ritholtz's Reads: How the Fed Saved the Economy
Welcome to the new workweek. Start it off right with our artisanal morning train reads:
• New Liquidity Rules Will Make Fund Managers More Chicken-Hearted (Moneybeat)
• Global growth shows clear signs of slowdown (FT)
• Can You See the Future? Probably Better Than Professional Forecasters (MoneyBeat)
• Inside The Epic Fantasy That’s Driven Donald Trump For 33 Years (Forbes)
• Wonks for Hire: Elizabeth Warren challenged a think tank over iffy, industry-backed research. There’s a lot more where that came from. (Slate)
• The Troubles of “Bitcoin’s PayPal” Show Why the Cryptocurrency Is Not a Good Payment Mechanism (MIT Technology Review)
• How They Got Their Guns: Criminal histories and documented mental health problems did not prevent at least eight of the gunmen in 14 recent mass shootings from obtaining their weapons (NYT) see also Guns killed more Americans in 12 years than AIDS, war, and illegal drug overdoses combined (Vox)
What are you reading?
New Emerging-Market Woes
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
James Greiff at email@example.com