A (Not So) Crazy Idea to Sell Republicans a Carbon Tax
If you were to select the most hopeless cause in Washington, getting Republican lawmakers to support a carbon tax would have to make the shortlist. The idea combines much of what conservatives hate most: a new tax, less coal, a more intrusive government and an acknowledgment that scientists -- worse, scientists at the United Nations! -- might be right about something.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Talking North Korea and Iran With Israel's Rocket Man
- Think the U.S. Has a Facebook Problem? Look to Asia
- Are Blockchain Diplomas the Real Deal?
- Crisis, What Crisis? Banks Pile Back Into China
- The Harder Brexit Gets, the More Necessary It Seems