Universal Voting Won't Bring Americans Together
Some bad ideas just won’t go away. Last month the Brookings Institution joined the recent chorus of voices calling for compulsory voting in federal elections. The authors prefer the softer term “universal,” but it’s the same mischief: Vote or be punished.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President
- Why Weinstein Held On For So Long and Fell So Fast