Why Criminal Justice Reform Could Work Now
The criminal justice reform bill unveiled Thursday by a bipartisan group of senators is an attempt to answer a classic conundrum of political science: It’s easy for elected officials to vote for increased sentences, but who ever got elected on a platform of being softer on crime?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President
- Why Weinstein Held On For So Long and Fell So Fast
- Trump Might Actually Wreck Nafta, Believe Him