Bank Branches Have a Future
Predictably, reports this week that the French bank Societe Generale would close 20 percent of its branch offices were met with anger by a union representative, who said the plan was "scandalous and profoundly shocking because nothing justifies these branch closures." This sounds like the statement of someone still fighting a long-lost war, but even in the age of tech disruption, it contains a kernel of truth.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World