Aluminum Isn't the Answer
Some of the world’s top manufacturers have seized upon a simple way to reduce the carbon footprint of their products: Use more aluminum. Ford is now cladding its best-selling F-150 pickup in the lightweight metal to achieve better fuel efficiency; Apple is going a step further and switching to aluminum produced using – among other means - low-carbon hydropower. Several big aluminum manufacturers are discussing a “green” aluminum certification to encourage such low-carbon manufacturing and charge a premium for it, according to Bloomberg News.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk
- Trump Needs a Win? Infrastructure Should Be a 'Gimme'
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech