Clinton E-Mails and the Strong Republican Field
1. At the Monkey Cage, John Sides looks at Bernie Sanders and media bias.
2. I’m a bit late on this, but Seth Masket’s item at Mischiefs of Faction on strong presidential candidates dropping out early is a good one.
3. Excellent Sean Trende item on the strong Republican field. Exactly correct: The Republican field in this cycle was unusually deep, but didn’t have any obvious front-runner -- no sitting vice president, no candidate who almost won last time, nothing like that.
4. Kevin Drum at Mother Jones takes on National Journal’s Ron Fournier over what’s actually going on in the Hillary Clinton e-mail story.
5. Matt Yglesias is correct: In primary elections, everyone agrees that candidates and campaigns are important.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Maria Lamagna at firstname.lastname@example.org