Cable Networks and Donald Trump
1. Good reminder from HuffPost’s Natalie Jackson: It’s still very early, and most voters are not paying attention to the presidential election.
2. Meanwhile, Matthew Dickinson looks at Rick Perry four years ago and Donald Trump now. Same message: Early nomination polling just doesn’t predict nominations.
3. At the Monkey Cage, Henry Farrell discusses the possibility that Jeremy Corbyn could be a symptom of something wrong with European political parties.
4. Joe Flint and Rebecca Ballhaus at the Wall Street Journal have the numbers on how the cable networks have flooded their coverage with Donald Trump. Yes, that’s the main reason he’s done so well so far.
5. And the movies Jimmy Carter watched when he was president, from Matt Novak.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Maria Lamagna at firstname.lastname@example.org