4 Reasons to Stop the S&P 500 Comparisons
It has become fashionable to compare every financial asset, asset manager or investor to an index of U.S. stocks. For example, many people compare hedge funds to the Standard & Poor's 500 Index. We saw this recently as people discussed whether Donald Trump’s business career has been more successful than an investment in the S&P 500. As my Bloomberg View colleague Matt Levine points out, this isn't an apples-to-apples comparison.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Four Points That Make 'Last Jedi' So Fascinating
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen