History Says the West Will Embrace Syrian Refugees
In May 1976, one year into Lebanon's civil war, Canada threw open its doors. "Any Lebanese people wishing to apply to come to Canada," Manpower and Immigration Minister Robert Andras told Parliament, "who can get out of the dangerous situation in Lebanon and go to a third country of any kind, can make application and we will expedite the procedure."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Kept One Promise. The Shutdown Is Proof.
- Trump Erodes the Global Power of American Values
- President Trump's First Year, in 14 Metrics
- Amazon's Pointless Obsession With Cashiers
- The Shutdown Should Have Never Happened
- Watching Trump's Economic Policy Preferences in 2018
- The Blockchain Is Not the World