Make a Stand on Abortion, Without a Shutdown
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Florida congresswoman who chairs the Democratic National Committee, sent out a fundraising e-mail about how mad she is that Republicans want to cut off federal funding for Planned Parenthood. She says they "are just fine with shutting down the government -- again." Cynics may suspect that Wasserman Schultz would in truth be delighted if the government were to shut down over this issue. In any case, the Republican leadership in both houses of Congress isn't "just fine" with a shutdown. It is desperate to avoid one -- maybe too desperate.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve