Garbage Imperialism? Nope. All Trash Is Local.
The image is taken almost as gospel: tons of old computers and phones, their sometimes-toxic innards spilling out, piled up in Africa or Asia, a symbol of the developed world's cavalier use of poorer nations as a dumping ground for garbage and, by extension, other ills.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Never-Trumpers Never Agree About Anything Else
- GOP Surrenders Cherished IRS Scandal at Last
- The Blockchain Might Scare the Gig Economy to Death
- What Trump Got (Half) Right in Asia
- What a Middling Uber Rating Might Say About You
- Converging on Tax-Reform Nonsense