ECB Should Drop 2% Inflation Fantasy
European Central Bank President Mario Draghi was asked on Thursday whether his institution should consider revising its 2 percent inflation target. "It would test our credibility if we were to change the target when it's taking more effort to achieve that target," Draghi replied. "There hasn't been any discussion about changing the target for inflation." With the ECB cutting its own forecasts for the next three years, however, it's time the central bank faced up to reality and admitted defeat -- and no shame should attach to that backtrack.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange