Telling Republicans the Truth
1. My Bloomberg View colleague Ramesh Ponnuru over at National Review tells Republicans the truth: The idea that conservatives sat home and cost Republicans the presidency in 2008 and 2012 is a myth.
2. Nice demonstration from HuffPollster’s Ariel Edwards-Levy of partisanship in public opinion.
3. Jonathan Chait on Scott Walker, Reaganite.
4. Greg Sargent has the details on compliance, including in the deep South, with same-sex marriage. As I said last week: Watch what conservative Christian leaders don’t say.
5. “There is no Ferguson effect.” Ta-Nehisi Coates.
6. Kevin Drum at Mother Jones on why impassioned rhetoric is important to protect.
7. And Dan Drezner, political scientist and influencer. Sort of.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Maria Lamagna at email@example.com