The Bush-Cheney Record on Nuclear Proliferation
1. I’m starting to think political scientists aren’t big fans of Lawrence Lessig’s presidential campaign. Now it’s Seth Masket’s turn to call it “worse than Trump’s.” At Pacific Standard.
2. Excellent tour of why various political actors support Donald Trump, from Richard Skinner at Mischiefs of Faction.
4. I agree with Sahil Kapur at Bloomberg Politics (and Norman Ornstein, whom he quotes): No senator will be harmed, not even a tiny bit, for filibustering the resolution on the Iran deal.
5. Rebecca Traister argues that gender bias is responsible for the Joe Biden press boomlet. I agree that media coverage has been slanted against Hillary Clinton (and for Biden) recently. A big mover here may be media interest in creating a competitive contest for the Democratic nomination, but it winds up getting expressed through gender bias.
6. Fascinating dive into the realities of cross-state health insurance markets, from the Upshot’s Margot Sanger-Katz.
7. Jonathan Chait wrote a whole column about the awful Bush-Cheney record on nuclear proliferation and neglected to mention North Korea.
8. Barack Obama: Excellent taste, terrible results. Rebecca Fishbein explains.
9. And Julia Azari at Mischiefs of Faction on personal experience and the college classroom.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Cameron Abadi at email@example.com