Fed Has Bigger Worries Than China
Atlanta Federal Reserve President Dennis Lockhart acknowledged on Monday that collapsing Chinese stock markets, plunging commodity prices, and an intensifying currency war have complicated the central bank's decision about whether to raise interest rates. There are more fundamental reasons, however, why the Fed should be resisting its instinct to tighten policy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World