Rush Limbaugh Embraces Donald Trump
1. At the Monkey Cage, Karthick Ramakrishnan on Donald Trump and immigration.
2. Sarah Posner over at Religion Dispatches on Trump and Christian conservatives. A rare Trump-hooked must-read.
3. Harry Enten checks and, yes, Hillary Clinton is still polling much better than she was at this point in the 2008 cycle. The important indicator, however, remains endorsements, and Enten has a nice chart showing that 2016 is nothing like 2008.
4. Matt Yglesias on Syrian refugees and U.S. immigration (and refugee) policy.
5. Kevin Drum on the 1994 crime bill and Hillary Clinton.
6. And The Atlantic’s Conor Friedersdorf doing what he does best: listening carefully to conservative talk radio. In this case, the Trumpified Rush Limbaugh.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at email@example.com