Jeb's Flawed Foreign Policy Speech
1. Institutionalizing presidential transitions: One of those topics which everyone knows is important but no one has much incentive to do anything about it. But -- good news -- the Senate acted anyway. Norman Eisen and Curtlyn Kramer at Brookings report.
2. Matthew Dickinson on the latest Bernie Sanders news, along with a useful reminder not to get carried away by individual polls. As always: Polling average, not single polls.
3. At Wonkblog, Lydia DePillis and Jim Tankersley on new findings about the effects of minimum wage hikes. So far? Neither Democratic hopes nor Republican fears seem to be panning out.
4. Shorter Dan Drezner: Beneath the Obama administration’s hype, don’t forget the real costs to the U.S. if it acts like a jerk.
5. Excellent short Kevin Drum item on supposedly angry voters.
6. And Fred Kaplan on Jeb Bush’s foreign policy speech.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org