Anyone Remember Mike Mansfield? I Do.
William McGurn, a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush, hailed an unlikely new conservative hero this week: Senator Charles Schumer, who opposed the Iranian nuclear deal. The New York Democrat, McGurn wrote, has a chance to become the new Henry "Scoop" Jackson, the principled and influential Cold War Democratic hawk who died in 1983.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals
- As Kirkuk's Governor Is Forced to Flee, Iran Moves In