The Voting Rights Act, 50 Years Later
2. Bernard Fraga at the Monkey Cage on the Voting Rights Act and voting, 50 years later.
3. Sean Trende at Real Clear Politics with a nice, quick primer on presidential general elections.
4. Over at HuffPost, Jennifer Bendery reminds everyone that Congress has totally punted on authorizing the war against ISIS -- but does note that Congress has found some other important priorities.
5. Slate’s Fred Kaplan on Barack Obama and the Iran deal.
6. Oh, and no, the Iran deal isn’t responsible for an arms race. My View colleague Tobin Harshaw has the charts and numbers.
7. And Maggie Haberman won pre-debate Twitter: “This is going to the most important debate ever ... until the next one.”
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org