Summer Films Full of Henchmen, No Henchwomen
Early in “Mission: Impossible -- Rogue Nation,” the Senate Intelligence Committee is holding a hearing on whether to disband the Impossible Mission Force that gives the film franchise its name. There’s a curiosity about the scene: The seven or eight senators sitting on the dais are all men. My wife and I turned to each other in astonishment. In this day and age no one thought to seed the group with a woman or two, even among the nonspeaking extras. Who on earth would make such a mistake?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals
- As Kirkuk's Governor Is Forced to Flee, Iran Moves In