Ritholtz's Reads: Elon Musk's Most Impressive Company
Welcome to August! Earnings season is in full swing, and we have a month of data to move the FOMC off their intended path. Oh, and the finest curated morning train reads in the land:
- Win or Lose, U.S. Stocks Getting Biggest Earnings Bang Since '12 (Bloomberg) but see King dollar has cost S&P 500 companies $244 billion of balance sheet pain (Business Insider)
- Elon Musk's Most Impressive Company Isn't Tesla or SpaceX. It's SolarCity. (Slate)
- Puerto Rico fails to make Aug. 1 payment, signaling default (Reuters) but see Municipal Bonds Still Safe, Despite Some Ailing Governments (NYT)
- 17 podcasts that will make you smarter (Business Insider)
- Declining U.S. dynamism: Story, or non-story? (Noahpinion) but see The long and well-documented decline in family-owned businesses (538)
- White House Warns States On Job-Licensing Requirements (Real Time Economics)
- Security issues mean: Goodbye, Android (Vice)
- What Global Warming Means for 4 of Summer's Worst Pests (Scientific American)
- Spy Software Gets a Second Life on Wall Street (WSJ)
- Read Buzz Aldrin's hilarious travel request form to the moon (Vox)
What are you reading?
Tech Firms Beware: Don't Disappoint Investors
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Problem Is Facebook, Not Cambridge Analytica
- Trump Can't Win a Trade War Alone
- What China Revealed in Its National Congress
- This Is No Way to Run the U.S. Stock Market
- Cambridge Analytica Behaved Appallingly. Don't Overreact.
- Putin Won at the Ballot Box. He's Losing Elsewhere.
- Ten Things Investors Should Know About Markets