Is Clippers' Josh Smith 'Spoiled' for Wanting to Win?
Everyone's mad at new Los Angeles Clippers forward Josh Smith for appearing to lament that he's only due to make $6.9 million next season. "It is going to be a little harder on me this year," Smith said in a widely circulated quote that has inspired snarky responses and even a satirical GoFundMe page. An athlete complaining about his millions at a time when the median household income is just over $53,000 and 15.4 percent of the country lives below the poverty line sure sounds like the tone-deaf ramblings of an entitled, spoiled brat. There's just one problem: That's not what he actually said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange