Explaining Donald Trump's Polling Surge
1. Excellent John Sides item at the Monkey Cage explaining the Donald Trump polling surge.
2. Seth Masket at Pacific Standard asks whether Republicans are avoiding health insurance because conservatives have demonized Obamacare.
3. At HuffPollster, voter maven Michael McDonald on the 2014 electorate.
4. Political scientist Josh Putnam reminds us how rules will affect delegate selection for political conventions. Winnowing works, or at least it has for decades, and will likely work again in 2016: We’re unlikely to have several viable candidates long into the process.
5. Also at the Monkey Cage, Daniel Aldrich, James Platte and Jennifer F. Sklarew on what’s happening with nuclear power in Japan.
6. And here at Bloomberg View, Barry Ritholtz has seen the future, and it ain’t your grandfather’s automobile.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Maria Lamagna at firstname.lastname@example.org