Growth Fantasy of Tax Cuts and Small Government
Jeb Bush says that if he's elected president he wants to get us to sustained gross domestic product growth of 4 percent a year. I'm highly skeptical, and I'm far from the only one. But there are some true believers, who think that if we just do the right structural reforms, we can get there. University of Chicago economist John Cochrane, for example, has a long list of structural reforms that he thinks will do the trick.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Erodes the Global Power of American Values
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- Cryptocurrency Markets Aren't All the Same
- A North Korea Solution: Take Kim Out of the Loop
- It’s Normal to Ask Questions About Bitcoin ETFs
- Trump Has an Opening in China
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs