Ronda Rousey KO's the ESPYs' Masculine Myths
Everyone's talking about Caitlyn Jenner's inspiring ESPYs speech on Wednesday night -- and with good reason. The recipient of the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage pledged to use her platform to shed light on the plight facing transgender people -- who suffer alarming rates of homelessness, suicide and violent attacks -- and did so in front of some of the biggest names in sports, a group that hasn't exactly been at the forefront of accepting sexual and gender difference. (Exhibit A: Brett Favre.)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk
- Trump Needs a Win? Infrastructure Should Be a 'Gimme'
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech