Angel Investing, Government-Style
Should the government be an angel investor? Mariana Mazzucato thinks so. The University of Sussex economist and author of the bestselling book "The Entrepreneurial State" argues that government funding is essential to the research and development that creates the companies of tomorrow. That includes funding for basic and applied research -- an example would be the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) funding that created much of the Internet -- and also funding for startups that develop their technology in-house.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Trump Might Actually Wreck Nafta, Believe Him
- A Corporate Tax Cut Isn't Just a Giveaway to the Rich
- The Three Scenarios That Should Guide Investors
- Black Monday and Long-Term Investors