Game Over in China for PlayStation and Xbox
When Sony and Microsoft introduced their PS4 and Xbox One gaming consoles to China to great fanfare earlier this year, executives at those companies would have been forgiven for imagining massive profits on the horizon. China is home to 515 million gamers, of which only around 9 million, according to Bloomberg News, play on televisions. That makes China an anomaly among the world's other biggest gaming countries. If even a small fraction of China's PC gamers could be convinced to switch, China's console market would quickly become one of the world’s largest.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk
- Trump Needs a Win? Infrastructure Should Be a 'Gimme'
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech