Charleston, Patriotism and Barack Obama
1. At the Monkey Cage, Joseph Lowndes on why Republicans might now be more willing to give up symbols of the confederacy than in earlier decades.
2. Buzzfeed’s Adam Serwer on why the battle over Confederate flags is important.
3. Jonathan Chait item on Charleston, patriotism, and Barack Obama.
4. Also at the Monkey Cage: Henry Farrell on the eBay and Amazon ban on Confederate merchandise.
5. Congressional Democrats have a one-sentence fix bill ready to introduce if the Supreme Court rules against Obamacare subsidies in some states. Greg Sargent reports, and analyzes the situation.
6. Here at View, Ramesh Ponnuru argues that Congressional Republicans, after realizing they don’t have any consensus plan to replace subsidies, will eventually fold and save Obamacare (if the Court puts the issue on the table).
7. And Kathleen Weldon shares decades of polling data about the United Nations.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org