American Supermarkets Give U.K. a Wake-Up Call
Royal Ahold's move to buy Delhaize Group, which engineers what will be the fifth-biggest U.S. grocer, is the world's biggest supermarket deal for almost a decade. It should also be a wake-up call for the U.K. grocery industry, which needs to spend less time waging price wars and more time engaging in takeover battles.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World