Why Obamacare Isn't Popular
1. At the Monkey Cage, Jennifer Fredette on “Je suis Charlie” and how France is handling the aftermath.
2. Seth Masket at Pacific Standard on what Donald Trump’s “campaign” will prove about money and U.S. politics.
3. At the Upshot, Austin Frakt on how Obamacare has helped financial security.
4. Kevin Drum is correct about this. But forget about grandchildren, or even children. There are already people who don’t realize they would have been denied insurance because of a pre-existing condition.
5. Stan Collender over at Forbes on how the CBO report on Obamacare reveals phony deficit concerns.
6. Andrew Sprung has some thoughts about why the ACA isn’t popular.
7. And “The draft is a quasi-criminal enterprise that serves the powerful at the expense of the powerless.” That’s Joe Sheehan on the baseball amateur draft.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at email@example.com