The New South Should Abandon That Old Flag
It should not have taken the deaths of nine blacks at the hands of a white supremacist in South Carolina to get politicians to acknowledge that the Confederate battle flag is a hateful symbol. But elected officials in that state and the rest of the South can now show they understand by retiring the flag from all official duties, ceremonial and otherwise.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange