Charleston and the Confederate Flag
2. Sarah Posner at Religion Dispatches on Charleston.
3. Ryan Grim and Amanda Terkel at HuffPost on Charleston and Fox News.
4. Brian Phillips at the Monkey Cage on Charleston.
5. Ta-Nehisi Coates on Charleston and the Confederate flag.
6. Aaron Blake on doctors and Obamacare: turns out they’re basically partisans.
7. Jon Ralston on presidential politics and Republican infighting in Nevada.
8. Plum Line’s Greg Sargent tries to make sense of the convoluted parliamentary situation on trade.
9. While Cook Political Report’s Amy Walter supplies some needed historical background. Presidential skill matters -- but as usual, political context should be the starting point for any analysis.
10. Kevin Drum on Jeb Bush’s economic “plan” and Republican lack of seriousness on the economy. To be fair to Bush, he does have plenty of time to come up with an actual plan. But Drum is correct: The fact that Bush didn’t feel the need to do so at this point -- not even broad outlines -- is the dead giveaway.
11. And Alexandra Petri at the Washington Post campaigns for (removing) Jackson, not Hamilton.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org