Ad Blockers Doom Many Publishers to Chase Clicks
I know what you're about to say: "Megan, every time you write about journalism, it's all doom and gloom. Why don't you provide a look at exciting new business models in journalism that can survive the transition?" How do I know you're about to say this? Because I am about to ply you with the Grim Media Statistic of the Week: "Some 47 percent of US internet users now utilize ad blocking software. For 18- to 24-year-olds, that number is even higher: 55 percent."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- Being Sure You're Right Makes You Weaker