The Fed Won't Ruin Bond Markets
With the Federal Reserve poised to unleash its first interest rate increase in almost a decade there's a debate among investors about whether the past is any guide to how markets will react to a monetary tightening. The to-and-fro brings to mind automobile entrepreneur Henry Ford's famous insistence that "history is more or less bunk." But traders might be better served to recall a quote attributed to Mark Twain -- that even if history doesn't repeat itself, it does rhyme.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- Being Sure You're Right Makes You Weaker