The Case for Andrew Jackson
1. Henry Farrell at the Monkey Cage argues that losing the trade vote in the House on Friday may help the U.S. bargaining position in trade negotiations.
2. Matthew Dickinson on Hillary Clinton’s campaign event over the weekend.
3. While Jennifer Victor at Mischiefs of Faction compares polarization to dieting.
4. David Greenberg at Politico makes the case for Andrew Jackson.
5. NPR’s Jessica Taylor writes a good obituary for the Iowa Straw Poll. I’m on record predicting that if it died, something would emerge to replace it -- so check back in four or eight years from now. We’ll see.
7. And at Buzzfeed, Adam Serwer on Rachel Dolezal.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org