Republicans' Secret Obamacare Subsidy Fix
1. At the Monkey Cage: Marie Hojnacki, Jeffrey Berry, Beth Leech and Kathleen Marchetti have new research on business lobbying: when it succeeds, when it fails.
2. At Mischiefs of Faction, Seth Masket has a quick look at Bushes as national candidates.
3. Greg Sargent argues that Hillary Clinton is running as a mainstream Democrat.
4. Jonathan Chait on John Kasich’s upcoming political martyrdom.
5. Harry Enten at 538 tracks the growing number of Democrats who are self-described liberals. I’m very skeptical that this is anything more than trends in self-description; in other words, I think what’s happening is the same people, with the same partisanship and same policy positions, are now more likely to call themselves liberals. Worth watching, but could be a lot less than it seems.
6. And Sahil Kapur at Bloomberg Politics on the Republican secret subsidy fix if the Supreme Court rules their way.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org