Gridlock Comes to the Senate
1. Andrew Rudalevige at the Monkey Cage on the Supreme Court decision in Zivotofsky and what it says about presidential power.
2. Here comes gridlock to the Senate: Politico’s Burgess Everett explains.
3. Jamelle Bouie on bigotry and swimming. At Slate.
4. Bloomberg Politics’s Dave Weigel talks to Rand Paul in a postmortem on the recent NSA fight.
5. Kevin Drum makes some good points about Grover Norquist’s incentive structure, and how it causes trouble for those around him.
6. And I voted again. This time, it was the mayor election run-off here in San Antonio, and I used early voting; the actual election is on Saturday.
Just the facts: This was the fourth election day in my precinct this year, and the eleventh in the four-year cycle. I cast just one vote this time. That’s 11 votes in the two-year cycle (after November 2014) and 143 votes cast so far in the four-year cycle.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at email@example.com