China's Boom in Old-Fashioned Business
Last weekend, 90 buses, filled with 4,500 Chinese tourists, roamed the Netherlands courtesy of Perfect (China) Co. Ltd., a direct sales firm specializing in household and beauty products. It was an ostentatious trip, but nothing compared to the early May tour of France that Tiens, another Chinese direct sales firm specializing in health and beauty sponsored for 6,400 of its representatives. And that was smaller still than the 110 flights chartered in mid-May to take 12,700 Chinese tourists to Thailand, all of whom -- that’s right -- work for another Chinese direct sales company, Infinitus, specializing in health and beauty products.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- Being Sure You're Right Makes You Weaker