The Search for Meaning in Jobs Numbers
Over the years, I have spilled far too many pixels on how overhyped the monthly nonfarm payroll report is. What matters isn't any single month, given how noisy and subject to future revisions the provisional release actually is. The recency effect makes you place a greater emphasis on what just occurred in a data series, a sign of the evolutionary leftover code hanging around your wetware.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Kept One Promise. The Shutdown Is Proof.
- Trump Erodes the Global Power of American Values
- President Trump's First Year, in 14 Metrics
- Amazon's Pointless Obsession With Cashiers
- The Shutdown Should Have Never Happened
- Watching Trump's Economic Policy Preferences in 2018
- The Blockchain Is Not the World